Monday, 23 February 2009

Going to a gallery can be a daunting prospect. You can feel inferior and inadequate about entering that type of building. I remember the same types of emotions many years ago when I first wanted to explore art and what art might mean to me. I eventually overcame those fears, but it did take some time. Although, it did take another person far brighter than myself, to point out that what was inside those grand buildings was something I partly owned. It is incredible but true, I did not really grasp the fact that the art in these public institutions is owned by us all. Even better, these galleries are free to enter and can provide immense enjoyment and enlightenment in discovering what art means to you. I have taken many a Gallery Journey since that time and I will willing share those experiences with you, the reader.
But first, what is Poor Man’s Pollock all about?
Firstly, I wanted to find a home in which I could share my thoughts and ideas regards visual culture, and this site I hope will be the perfect place. Secondly, I realised that my experience of working in the creative sector has given me a wealth of knowledge. That knowledge, I hope, could be helpful to all sorts of individuals wishing to embark on a career in art, or those just wishing to understand more about what art means to them.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment